On this page you will find updates and important documents that are prepared throughout the General Plan Update process. Check back regularly to review materials and stay up to date on the latest information on the General Plan. The most relevant information will appear at the top of this page. You can also review:
General Plan Update Documents
- Community Outreach Program. The Community Outreach Program has been developed to ensure that the needs and vision of the community are reflected in the General Plan Update. Read more about the Outreach Program here.
- GPAC Mission. The Sausalito General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC), a Council-appointed committee consisting of 13 members, is an advisory body serving the Sausalito community through the General Plan Update process. Read the GPAC's mission statement here.
- Work Plan. The Sausalito General Plan Update Work Plan is available here.
- General Plan Regulatory Issues. A memorandum providing an overview of governance structure, and the legal requirements and opportunities available to Sausalito when updating its General Plan is available here.
- General vs. Specific Plans. A memo providing a brief overview of the roles of three planning tools: the General Plan, Specific Plans, and the Sphere of Influence is available here.
- Marinship Walking Tour. Audio files from the Marinship Walking Tour held on October 27, 2017 are available here. Brief descriptions for each stop along the Marinship Walking Tour are provided here.
- Waterfront Walking Tour. Audio files from the Waterfront Walking Tour held on November 4, 2017 are available here. Brief descriptions for each stop along the Waterfront Walking Tour are provided here.
- Preliminary Community Priorities. Appendix reviewing all General Plan considerations to identify broad community priorities for GPAC review and discussion is available here.
- DRAFT Comprehensive Existing Conditions Report (CECR). The CECR concludes the first of four phases to the General Plan Update and sets the foundation of information upon which the General Plan Update will be established. The draft report is available by individual chapters using the links below:
Follow our upcoming events below
Access presentations by clicking the links below